MiPet Cover is on a mission.
They want to see more of the UK’s pets insured.
The Association of British Insurers (ABI) conducted some research this year and discovered that only 32% of dogs and 16% of cats currently have a pet insurance policy in place.
MiPet Cover knows that you love your best friends. They know that they mean the world to you. So they are sending out this message.
Let’s get #morepetsinsured.
There’s no NHS for pets
With no free national health service for our pets, it’s important we give them the opportunity to access the clinical veterinary care they deserve, exactly when they need it.
By having a pet insurance policy in place, you’ll have peace of mind that your veterinary fees are taken care of in the case of unexpected illness or injury.
- The average claim to treat a pet with diabetes for one year is £970.68 (based on 784 MiPet Cover claims submitted, August 2017-May 2019).
- Traffic accidents involving cats and dogs have resulted in owners claiming £1,771 on average (based on 83 MiPet Cover claims submitted, August 2017-May 2019).
- Cruciate ligament surgery claims average £2,143 (based on 33 MiPet Cover claims submitted, August 2017-May 2019).
The average claim paid out across all UK pet insurers throughout 2018 was a staggering £793 (source, ABI, 2019). Could you afford to pay your vet’s bills if your furry friend needed treatment?
Lifetime cover is best for your pets
Our veterinary people will always recommend that a lifetime policy is best for you and your pet.
These policies typically offer a far more comprehensive level of cover and a fixed veterinary fee amount that you can access when needed. This amount will be renewed each policy year, so long as you remain with the same provider, your premiums are paid up to date and you renew your cover every year.
Lifetime cover will ensure that your pet can receive lifelong treatment should they develop an ongoing condition such as diabetes or arthritis.
It might be a good idea to do some research on the illnesses and ailments your breed of dog or cat may be prone to so you can ensure you have the right amount of veterinary fee cover in place in the event of you needing to claim.
Are you still not convinced that pet insurance is right for you?
MiPet Cover makes it easy for their policyholders.
Did you know that…
- One in five MiPet Cover policyholders needed to make a claim for their cat or dog during 2018.
- MiPet Cover claims were turned around in an average of 4.1 days, meaning vets bills were paid quickly and easily.
- 95% of MiPet Cover claims were paid without quibble.
MiPet Cover pet insurance policies have been designed by vets. To see how their policies compare, please ask reception to request a quote for you today or visit the MiPet Cover page on our website.